Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

I love Easter. It's a great holiday because the weather is usually pretty nice (not too hot yet). We didn't do the big family Easter thing last year because it fell later in April, and I was worried about traveling being so close to my due date.

Jason and I both had Good Friday off this year, so we didn't have to rush to EC like we usually do on weekends we go down. We got to my parents house early enough to were we could play with Charlie in the backyard. She LOVES outside. She was having a great time getting dirty! My parents (well actually my sister) boiled a ton of shrimp and crab legs. Yum. Jason parents and Ryan and Kay Lynne came over as well. We had a great time.

We didn't do much on Saturday, but I got a chance to spend some time with Laura, Alicia, and Robin. I always have a good time catching up with those girls.

Yesterday, we had Easter in Halletsville at Jason's grandparents. They have a tradition of making an "Easter nest" out of wildflowers for the Easter bunny. C's second cousin, Tenley was nice enough to make an Easter nest for Charlie. It was really cute. C didn't really care for hunting eggs, but she liked opening and closing them. She was tuckered out after a long weekend and was ready to go to bed last night. So were mommy and daddy. Traveling on the weekends wears me out! :)

I did notice that another tooth popped out for Charlie overnight. So we are now up to 4 teeth. She has been doing pretty good with it though - not too fussy. Oh and someone managed to learn how to say "Avril." It's kind of amazing. It's more like Ah-vil, but we have one little smarty pants on our hands.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun Easter! We were so tired from traveling to EC too...and we're only 1 1/2 hours away.

    ReplyDelete