Monday, November 19, 2012

18 months old

Today is Charlotte's 18 month birthday. That's right - we are a year and a half. Full on toddlerhood. We had her checkup this morning. I left her stats in the car but I know she is almost 25lbs and around 32 inches. She is wearing 18 month clothes, size 4 shoes, and size 4 diapers. She did great at the doctor, except for the shots - oh the face she made at me just broke my heart.

Here is what else she is up to:

  • Talks a lot - tries to repeat most words we say. Her new favorite words are airplane and color.
  • She knows her name - will say it and point to herself. She calls herself "Charlie" but she will respond to Charlotte as well.
  • Sings - her favorite songs right now are the ABCs and Old McDonald. When she is done singing she will say "yay" and clap her hands.
  • Knows pretty much every animal. I have an app on my ipad that puts 4 animals and tells you to click on one (i.e. "click on the butterfly"). Almost everytime she gets it right. She loves playing this game.
  • Is still a pretty good eater (we have our days where she is a little picky). Her favorite foods are cheese, olives, and grapes. She also loves juice boxes and those little fruit pouches.
  • All of a sudden she is really into coloring. I only have one coloring book and all the pages are covered in coloring marks. Guess I need to buy another one.
  • She loves to watch  movies. Her favorites are The Lorax (she wants to watch this one everyday, but we try to hold off) and Tangled.
  • Not a fan of having her teeth brushed (this used to be no problem but lately, it's a no go).
  • Just got her first molar so we are up to 9 teeth total.
  • Not really potty training yet but she likes the potty and likes to sit on it. I had an incident yesterday when letting her walk around with no diaper for 20 minutes. Um...I'll let you use your imagination on that one.

Charlie is at such a fun age. She is hilarious and makes me smile all the time. She is also kind of rebellious and tempermental too though. She throws a FIT when she doesn't get her way. I usually just let her throw the fit and she'll be fine in a few minutes. Sometimes she will try to bite me or hit me (if I'm trying to change her clothes and she doesn't want me to). I had to use time out for the first time the other day (she threw her juice everywhere), and the doctor said around this age is when they start "getting it." So I got a few pointers from the doc on how to handle things. I expect time outs will become a more frequent thing at our house.

I did turn her carseat aroud last week. She seems to like being able to see us, and I felt like she was ready. I am anxious to see how the trip to El Campo goes this week.

Her first official day in her new classroom at school is today. Although when I picked her up on Friday, she was already moved over. Let me just say, I almost lost it. I got to school and saw her old teacher (who seemed to be tearing up as well). She told me all of C's stuff was in the new classroom. I went in there and she was playing with big kids (ok they are only a couple of months older). She had a new cubbie and everything. They don't even give me a daily sheet of her activities but once a week sheet instead. What? That's just crazy. They hang their jackets on hooks (this is just too much for me). I went to her old classroom b/c I was a missing a cup and they had already taken her name and picture down. Oh man, it hurt. I was really sad Friday night, but I think I'm over it. I dropped her off in her new classroom today and she was fine. At least it's a short wek.

We did have an impromtu visit to the doc last week. She had a high fever 2 Sundays ago and then it broke. She was a little out of it the next couple of days and she seemed more like herself Thursday morning until she got an unexplained rash that was spreading. I took her in and it turned out to be roseola, which is completely harmless and happens after  a baby gets a high fever. So it went away on it's own and all was well.

We are looking forward to some family time this week for Thanksgiving.

Last day of class in her Comets classroom (check out her hair)

Her BFF Hadley giving her a goodbye hug

She let mommy sleep til 8am on Saturday so we got donut holes. She ate all 12 of them - yikes!

Passed out - can't hang with mommy when shopping

Coloring away

Playing at a playground by our house.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how big she's getting!!! Such a pretty girl

    ReplyDelete