Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quirks

I wanted to share a few of Charlie's quirks that I have noticed lately.

  • Before bedtime, she sits on my lap wth her milk. She does not want any lovies, stuffed animals, blankeys, anything near her at that time. If something is near her, she will throw it violently across the room. She is trying to focus on her milk people.
  • When eating in her high chair, whatever cup she is using HAS to be in the little cup holder before she can even focus on eating. She cannot function if it's not in its place.
  • She does not like getting her hands dirty. She will often hold her hands out at me with a cringe on her face and say "mama." Dainty little thing I guess.
  • She does not want any help going own steps. She will just sit on her butt and scoot to the edge and then step down on her own.
  • She might like sleep a little too much. Lately she has been going to sleep very easy (as usual) but we are finding out that mornings are more of a problem. I was attributing it to her getting over a cold, but I'm not sure.
Those are just a couple of things I wanted to remember about this stage of her life.

A couple of important events are right around the corner. Our little bug turns 18 months old next Monday. I cannot believe it. I guess it's time to start planning the 2nd birthday. We'll be going to te doctor for her well check up that day. And on the very same day, she is moving up to her new classroom - the Meteors. I remember being sad when she moved up from her last classroom, but I think I'm having a harder time with this move. I love her teachers, and she is going to be leaving a few of her friends behind. I know they will follow in a month or two though. I think her teacher is feeling a little sad about it too, and I don't blame her. Geez, is this what it is going to be like at the end/start of every new school year. I don't like it.

Here's a couple of pics I got from C's teacher today.

Getting so big
She was so tired today the she fell asleep at lunch - 1st time this has ever happened


No comments:

Post a Comment