This was the first year I have ever put my tree up before December. I was in holiday mode the Sunday after Thanksgiving so I went for it. At frist, Charlie was really into the tree, and I had to remind her to be gentle. Then for a few days, she didn't really care. Now, she is back into it. She will try to go all the way around it. It's pretty close to the wall, so I have to tell her no a lot. I'm afraid it will topple on top of her.
Saturday, we took the little munchkin to go see Santa. We were about 30 minutes late getting there (I wanted to be there right when they opened), and I paid for it. The line was quite long. I don't understand how some of those parents get their kids to wait in line. Mine is a busy body. Jason took her walking all over the place, while I waited in line. He let her see other kids sitting on Santa's lap, smilin and excited. She kept saying "No." Hmmm, not looking so good for us. Before long, it was our turn. Charlie did not have a freak out, but boy she didn't want to look at the man whose lap she was sitting on. I told her "Look at Santa." She gave him a side eye glance, and that was it. After we got about 7 not very amused looking photos taken, it was time to go wait in yet another line to get our prints. GEEZ! Daddy took C to get some new crocs (super cute purple ones). I'm telling you, if there is a way to get yourself out of the holiday spirit, it it waiting in line behind a bunch of people who take a year to pick out there pictures all while a little train full of kids keeps going by ringing a bell. I was ready to get out of there.
I attempted to finish my Christmas shopping Sunday, but came home without much luck. I will be doing some online shopping this week I guess. Jason spent the afternoon hanging Christmas lights on the house, only to have the first strand crap out at about 6:45 last night. Ooops. I felt so bad for him. Hopefully, it won't take too long to replace.
And as much as it's looking like Christmas these days, it sure isn't feeling like it. 80 degree weather? Come on....
 |
| Here's what we ended up with |
 |
| Here is a comparison between last year and this year. She has grown up so much! |
 |
| This girl loves ketchup. |
 |
| Eyeing the tree. |
 |
| She thinks she is a big girl now and doesn't want my help going down the slide. |
She's such a cutie! At least she wasn't screaming her head off in the Santa picture!
ReplyDelete:-)