Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Time Away

Last week was a hectic one to say the least. Jason worked late almost every day. And the one day he didn't work "late" was the night of his company Christmas party. At this time we were also dogsitting for Ryan and Kay Lynne since they were in Vegas. Not to mention it was the craziest week of the year for me at work. So Jason and I were ready for a much needed getaway come Friday.

NOTE: I was worried about going to Jason's Christmas party because our sitter, Lauren, was coming to sit for us for this first time since last summer. C is kind of clingy with me lately so I didn't know how she was going to react. Let me just say, I had no reason to worry. She did great. At first she was kind of shy, but then she wanted to show Lauren her stocking and the Christmas tree. It was so cute.

Both of our moms came up Friday afternoon, and Jason and I headed to San Antonio for our annual Jerry Jeff Walker weekend. We spent Friday night on the Riverwalk and then Saturday we hung out in Gruene before seeing Jerry Jeff Walker that night. It was a great time as usual. I so needed that.

And of course Charlie got spoiled by her grandmas. She did end up with a couple of new toys - hello, don't  y'all know Christmas is in a week. Just teasing. But C seemed to have a really good time. I was happy that she got so excited to see me though. It made my heart happy. I missed her like crazy, but it was fun to get away for a couple of days.

I'm happy to say that this week has been much calmer - for me at least. Jason has been traveling like crazy. My last day of work for 2012 is tomorrow. I have to finished up couple of last minute Christmas errands on Friday and then we have a party at C's school. After that it's Christmas with the families and extended families. Lots of food and drinks coming my way. I'm going to indulge and worry about resolutions come January.

I was so happy it finally got cold enough to let C wear this pjs and her cute house shoes.

Oh wow, someone was not happy on Monday morning. I felt the same way.

Monday bathtime was a different story! Cutie.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had a rough week! Gosh, Lucas has been super clingy to me too lately. I know he loves me so much but it can really be stressful at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy those clingy times!!! I love her "Why are you taking pictures of me Mom!" looks...priceless. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete