Thursday, March 17, 2011

30 weeks down, 10 to go

I cannot believe that in 10 short weeks (hopefully), Jason and I will be parents. How awesome is that? I really can't focus on anything but Baby P these days. I think me and Laura text or e-mail about 10 times a day to talk about baby stuff. It's so much fun having a good friend due around the same time as me.

I had my 30 week appointment today. Everything is going great. Total weight gain to date: 24 pounds - and I look it! Baby P's heartrate is still in mid 140s. At my last ultrasound they said he/she was breech, but I talked to my doctor about it and she is pretty sure he/she already turned head down (she figured this out by feeling around on my belly). It makes sense because the kicks I have been feeling are much higher.

I'm pretty sure this weekend is my last "free" one for a while. After that I have weekends full of bachelorette parties, baby showers, wedding showers, etc. Once the end of April hits though, my traveling will taper off and then I can focus on getting the house baby ready.

I have a pretty good amount of baby stuff so far. I haven't taken the strollers out of the boxes yet but everything else I have at least taken out to examine (play with). It's so much fun. Check out my sweet baby loot.


And my awesome bassinet handed down from my cousin Nette



Obviously the room still needs work. We have made some progress in narrowing down beddings, I now have 2 boy and 2 girl ones picked out. I have told my mom where to find them so when Baby P gets here, she can just go grab it or order it for me!

So...third trimester...hmmm where do I begin. These are the current "symptoms" I deal with on a daily basis:

  • Heartburn - yes it's back. I haven't seen it since around week 14, but it's back and usually happens right as I try to get comfy for bed. Awesome.
  • Nose stuffiness - partly due to the sinus infection I'm still trying to get past but OMG it's hard to breathe sometimes. I am constantly blowing my nose, but it doesn't clear me up.
  • Back pain - ok, I've had this for a while. Some days I barely notice it and other days it is unbearable. I have tried every yoga pose my instructor has recommended. Each gives momentary relief if any. I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will just have to deal with it for the next few months.
  • Bladder control - yep that's a new one, and I'm telling you it's not fun. Especially with the coughing or sneezing. It's pretty bad and from what I here, it stays a while after the baby is born. Cool.
  • Swelling - This is rare for me but I think it's starting to become more frequent. I had horribly swollen feet after a Saturday of shopping with my mom. Then I noticed some serious cankles during yoga yesterday.
I must say though, I haven't really had much to complain about during this pregnancy. I haven't ever actually thrown up and I don't really have any foods that turn me off (maybe that's a problem). My doctor told me today that I looked really happy. I think I'm just excited. I was watching One Born Every Minute last night and crying, of course. Jason asked me "what happened now?" I told him, "Nothing. It was a perfectly normal delivery. I just got excited." Ha. He thinks I'm a nut.

Well that's all for now. Look forward to a hopefully interesting blog post next week about our childbirth class this weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts!
    The waterworks for me didn't start until after Emma was born....I'd be totally fine, everything's cool and out of nowhere I'd tell Eric I think I'm about to start crying....and sure enough, here it'd come!
    Enjoy these last 10 weeks! They will FLY BY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fun gifts!! How exciting...Baby P is going to be set when he/she gets here!! I too am soooo happy we are going through this together...it would be boring without ya! haha We should actually plan it for #2! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never threw up!?! You are a lucky, lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - I gagged a few times but that was it. But I had horrible heartburn weeks 12-14 that has now returned, migraines weeks 17-20, and back pain since about week 20. Still I know it's all worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete