32 weeks! The home stretch. My appointment was the same as usual - total weight gain now up to 27lbs. Baby P is still moving around hardcore - sometimes it's like a chicken trying to break out of an egg. I am like "thanks for letting me know you are in there but you aren't supposed to come out that way ok?" My doctor was feeling around on my belly and she said she has a feeling the baby is breech in pike position. Dangit. She said she can't tell for sure, obviously, but that's what she thinks right now. I have an ultrasound next Tuesday, so I guess we'll find out for sure. She told me if it is breech, I should make an acupuncture appointment because she has seen it work. If the baby doesn't turn by week 37, my doc will go in and manually try to turn it. That doesn't sound fun, so I'm hoping she is just wrong about the baby being breech or that if I wish hard enough, it will decide to flip around.
I was kind of disappointed thinking about my baby being breech. There is nothing wrong with having a c-section, and I'm not scared of having one. I know they are often necessary. I just want at least the option to try for a vaginal delivery. Honestly though, at the end of the day, whatever is best for the baby is fine by me. So more to come on that.
My next appointment will be April 14th at 34 weeks and then I go for weekly visits. Woohoo! I love doctor time.
So my baby shower is next weekend, and I have come home every day this week to find a baby gift waiting for me. Pretty awesome. I get overly excited about these gifts. It's weird - some things I don't want to open - it's like I'm preserving them or something. Other gifts (these tend to be the bigger items) I have to open to test out. That's what happened yesterday. I was exhausted after a long day at work, but my aunt had sent me the pack n play I had registered for. Oh I was so excited. I immediately opened it and started trying to figure out how to set it up. About halfway through, I thought "enough of this" and I started trying to put it in the bag that comes with it. Now how all of the parts are supposed to fit in this bag are beyond me. But I was huffing and puffing and grunting trying to do all of this. I'm sure it was a sight to see and I was ready for bed after all that. But seriously - nothing beats coming home to baby gifts on your porch.
Today I have been running errands like crazy - before work, at lunch, after work. I guess I am finally huge enough where people feel comfortable coming out and talking to me about my pregnancy. And seriously, everywhere I have gone today someone has asked me about it - "when are you due?" "is it a boy or a girl?" "are you ready?" The best part is that everyone has a really strong opinion about us not finding out the sex of the baby. When I say "Oh we don't know if it's a boy or a girl. We decided to not find out." Their response is either "That is so neat. I admire your patience." Or "Girl, are you crazy? What the hell is wrong with you? Why wouldn't you want to know?" Awww it makes me laugh.
Well my dog is nudging me like crazy because she wants to be fed so I better be a good mommy and get off the computer.
I will leave you with a belly pic. Oh it's getting large! :) In fact I just cracked up because I was looking back at my 23 week pic when I thought I was huge and it was NOTHING. Haha.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Adorable! He/she is getting there almost not too much longer!
ReplyDeleteYeah for 32 weeks--that's always the time when I start to relax a bit because my nephew was born at 32 weeks and had no long-term issues. Anywho, hang in there and try to enjoy the last few weeks of being able to just pick up and go! -Jenna L.
ReplyDelete