Monday, March 7, 2011

First Baby Shower!

And it was a surprise. My co-workers planned an awesome surprise shower for me today at work. They are so sneaky. I got some amazing gifts, two of my favorites being a Graco travel system and a jogging stroller! Baby P is lucky to have such a great family at my office. Check out the adorable diaper cake I got.


We had some amazing cupcakes - taking a few of those home! :)

So today is making out to be a great birthday. It started off a little rough. I am recovering from a yucky sinus infection I've had since Friday afternoon. Saturday, I made it through my sister's first bridal shower, which was great, but after that I pretty much crashed the rest of the day. My awesome husband made me a great birthday dinner last night and spent the evening making sure I could rest and relax. What a guy. I had a panic attack for about 2 hours when I thought I had broken one of our Nikon lenses (of course the most expensive one we own). Jason thought something really terrible had happend because I was so distraught. He realized I had really only broken the protective cover (I guess that's why they are there). So I just need to take it in to get it cleaned and see about buying a new cover. I'm so glad he is the rational one. I was already on Nikon's website, getting ready to order another lens. Haha.

I don't have any cool birthday plans. I'm just going to check out all my cool new baby loot and relax and try to get over this illness. Tomorrow I get to see Baby P in motion and see how much he/she has grown.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise. Sounds like your birthday turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci - I meant to tell you. I invested in a neti pot this weekend and I LOVE that thing. I totally never thought I would try it, but I guess when you don't have any other options you will do whatever you can! :)

    ReplyDelete