Last Friday was hectic. Even though I packed almost everything the night before and got off early, it was still struggle getting out the door and on the road. Charlie did pretty good on the way home, but lately she has not been able to sleep the whole time like she used to. She wakes up and starts fussing and eventually it turns into a crying fit. She's not dirty or hungry, just bored or something, but it's very heartbreaking to not be able to comfort her. She started fussing around Garwood, but it never turned into a fit, so thank goodness for that. Once we got out of the car at Grandma and Grandpa's she was fine. I was really anxious. I left instructions for both sets of grandparents. I just wanted to hurry up and get out of there because the longer I hung around, the more I didn't think I'd be able to leave. We did finally make it to the bay around 9pm. I was still feeling pretty guilty and sad. Everyone ended up going to bed really early anyway because we were all fishing in the Port Alto tournament the next day. I just tried to enjoy not having to worry about Charlie and getting a good night's sleep.
By Saturday morning, I was feeling better. Jason and I fished with Jackson and Laura. It was nice to be with Laura, since she also had to leave Maggie behind. It helped that both us girls caught fish right away. Laura caught a big flounder - largest of the day that won our team $300! I caught a redfish - my first keeper. The only other one I caught was the size of a goldfish - I'm not exaggerating. So we were pretty pumped up. However, those 2 fish ended up being our only keepers for the day. Oh well, we still had a good time. The rest of the weekend was spent catching up with friends and enjoying the sunshine. Jason and I ended up staying and extra night! Gasp - who would've thought. But I figured on Sunday we were going to leave until later in the evening, so Charlotte would just be sleeping anyway. We just decided to live it up one more night - well I ended up with horrible allergies but at least I got to sleep! :)
We got up really early on Monday to leave because we knew getting back to Austin could be tricky. I was so excited to see my baby girl. I swear she has grown! She was talking so much and wiggling like crazy. I just love her. We had to go a longer backway to Austin, which took us through Hallettsville. Around the time we got there, Charlie was getting fussy so we stopped off at Jason's grandma's house so we could let her out for a while. She fell back asleep as soon as we got on the road, but then about 20 minutes from home she decided she wasn't happy anymore and had a crying fit. Luckily, I was sitting in the back with her but I could only calm her down for about 1 minute intervals. She tired herself out and fell back asleep right as we were getting to our house. Oh man, I've got to find a way to keep her happy back there.
Both Charlie and I had runny noses yesterday - she must get her allergies from me! I hope since the wind has died down that we are both clearing up soon. I am so happy to be back with my little angel, but I did enjoy some time away. Thanks to both sets of grandparents for taking such good care of her!
Here are some pics of my little wiggle worm and the fish I caught!
A pic my mom sent me on Sunday
My redfish
Charlie before daycare this morning
Daddy and Charlie bug
Bathtime with mommy!



She is getting so big! I'm loving this little age they are at right now. Maybe you could get some sort of dvd player that mounts to the headrest for her to watch when you travel. I'm thinking we'll have to do that soon when we make our trips back home. Has Charlie started teething yet?
ReplyDelete