Now in the past week or two, I have noticed 2 things - 1) Charlie is growing out of the swaddleme blankets (1 of them doesn't fit at all anymore); 2) She has been tossing and turning more at night (she used to just lay there so still that I had to go check on her constantly). So is it time to break the swaddle? I know I'm going to have to eventually. Part of me wants to go find these blankets in a bigger size, but I told myself we would break her at 4 months - that's in 10 days! I'm kind of terrified. I think we have had maybe 2-3 bad nights of sleep since I started back at work, and those were spaced out. I don't know if I can make it a full week or 2 or 3 with no sleep. I know some of you moms never even swaddled and your babies did fine, but I'm scared my little bug is dependent on it now - or maybe I'm the dependent one. I don't know. Part of me is wondering if I should just try it out tonight since tomorrow is Saturday, and I can nap if I need to.
Come on ladies - I know you have advice for me!!! :)



I definitely think it's a good idea to start on the weekend. If you didn't do it last night, wait until next weekend so you can nap during the day. At Lucas' daycare, they sometimes put him in his swing to nap...something I never do! I was worried he was going to be dependent on it too but he still sleeps in his crib at night. Whew!
ReplyDelete