Saturday was spent watching a lot of football. Jason's cousin, Justin, his wife, Amanda, and their 5 month old, Kennedy, came over to watch most of the Texas game. They live in Bastrop, so they have been living in Cedar Park with Justin's mom the past week. They do know that their neighbors on both sides lost their houses. They think their's is still standing, but they haven't been able to go back yet, so they don't know they extent of the damage. When they evacuated, they had no idea it was going to be as bad as it was. They didn't take a whole lot with them. It just breaks my heart that some of Kennedy's irreplaceable "firsts" might be destroyed. It was so nice to have them over though. It was the first time we got to meet Kennedy. She is so cute. Even though Charlie is a month younger, she is easily as big if not bigger than Kennedy. Kennedy is a major roller. As soon as Justin put her on the quilt, she flipped over to her stomach. It was so cute. The girls were really cute together, talking and wiggling around. They actually kind of look alike. Last night Charlie went down around 8:30 again and this time I did the one-arm swaddle right away. She slept all night. I'm thinking I might try to leave both arms out tonight. We'll see.
Today has been a day of doing little things around the house and just playing with Charlie. I love days like this.
Tomorrow is Jason and my 3rd wedding anniversary. It is so crazy to me that it has been 3 years already. Last year on our anniversary, we found out we were going to have a baby. I don't think either of us knew what we were getting ourselves into! Haha. But we love it! Charlie is going to be 4 months in a week!! And we will be going to her first wedding this weekend - Uncle Ryan & Aunt Kay Lynne's! We are very excited!
Hope everyone has a great week!!
The daddys with Charlie & Kennedy
Roly poly
Look at that face! :)



I meant to post this last week under operation swaddle but my computer was acting up. I swaddled Julia until she was 6 months old! I tried to stop sooner but she started not sleeping well so I just continued it longer. I ended up quiting when she started getting her arm/leg free during the middle of the night. She is a great sleeper now and has been since 9 weeks old, and I know every baby is very different. You just have to do trial and error and see what works for you. I'm hoping this next little one will be as good of a sleeper too! Good Luck Sam!
ReplyDelete