Monday night after Charlie went to bed, I spent a couple hours cleaning everything out of the kitchen so that it would be ready to get new countertops Tuesday morning. Jason got home late Monday night and when he looked at our plumbing, he realized it was going to be tough to get it unhooked on his own. Luckily he has a plumber he works with a lot that was able to come over Tuesday morning to unhook it.
I planned to work from home Tuesday morning until the counterop guys got to the house and then go to work. Well of course, they showed up and hour late. They told me it was only going to take an hour and 1/2 so I figured I might as well stay at home so I could make sure it was done. About halfway through the process, one of the guys tells me there is a problem. He said 2 of the pieces were cut wrong and they weren't going to work. The good news is that they are the 2 smallest pieces and wouldn't affect us getting the new sink put in. The bad news is that we now have to wait 5-10 business days to get the new pieces in. I hate unfinished projects! The part they did complete looks good, and the sink is awesome. However, since the sink is undermounted and needed time to dry, we were told we could not hook up the plumbing for 24 hours.
The plumbers could not come out until this morning so living without a kitchen sink for 2 days has sucked! Not to mention, my dining area and spare bedroom look like a tornado blew through them because all of our kitchen stuff is thrown everywhere. So I'm working from home yet again this morning. I was thinking the plumbers would get here at 9 and then I'd be heading to work at 9:30 at the latest. Wrong I was. They showed up at 9:30. Around 10, one of them told me that they did not load a part that they needed so they would have to go get it. I asked him if I could just leave him a key and get to work and I got a look like I was crazy. I get it, it's a liability issue, but come on. He then asks me "Oh, did you take off work or something to be here?" Um YEAH! Ok, so he realizes I'm not just sitting on my ass watching The View (which I am, but up until now I was working on some actual work stuff - sue me for taking a blog break). He promises me they'll be back and done no later than right after 11am. We'll see. It's almost 10:30 now.
So what does that leave me with - right now I have a partial countertopped kitchen, a partially hooked up sink, and a extremely messy/cluttered house. Oh and hopefully I still have a job. I mean my coworkers are great, but I'm sure they are getting tired of me being gone for stuff.
Old countertops - the stove is eventually going to be replaced, but right now I'm tired of this process! :)
New counterops - the sink is missing the fixtures, but hopefully that will be finished here soon!
The new sink. It's so deep. No more struggling to fit a big pot underneat the faucet!
The mess that is our dining area. I would have taken a picture of the spare bedroom but it's GROSS!!!
In other news, I decided that C would no longer be using sleepsacks at night since I found her sitting up in her crib Sunday morning. 1) They are too restrictive now that she is more mobile; and 2) She is almost too long for them. Monday night, she slept perfectly. Tuesday night, oh man. She was all over the place, rolliing over and sitting up and overall not happy. So neither one of us slept very good. Last night was awesome, either because Tuesday was a fluke or she was exhausted from no sleep. So we'll see how tonight goes. She has moved up from the Sputnik class room (8 weeks - 9ish months) to the Comets (9ish months - 16 months*I think). With her transition, they have been letting her spend more and more time in the classroom each day. I think it has been hard on her nap schedule, and 2 days this week she only took 1 nap each day. That could be throwing off her sleep at night. I'm hoping since today is her first full day in the new room, she will adjust back to sleeping better during the day. Time will tell. I was a little sad about her moving because I LOVE her infant room teachers. I hope I love the new teachers just as much. At least I recognize some of the babies and parents in the new room from when they used to be in the Sputniks with Charlie.




Love the countertops! I think this is pretty much how every home improvement project goes.
ReplyDeleteWow! Can't believe Charlie is transitioning to the next classroom!