Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend in D'Hanis

We had been planning to go to Jason's aunt's and uncle's place in D'Hanis for a while for a weekend of sausage making. It worked out perfect because their grandson (Jason's cousin's son) was turning 1 on Saturday (St. Patty's day baby) so we could be there for his party too.

Of course nothing goes as planned when you have a baby. Friday morning, I noticed Charlie had a bit of a rash on her cheek. It seemed to be slowly going away and she was feeling fine, so off to daycare we went. I got off work early to go get her, and they said they were about to call me because she had a low grade fever. Plus her rash hadn't really gotten worse, but it hadn't totally gone away either. I got her home and took her temp, but she no longer had fever. I was torn - do I take her or not. We decided let's just go. She wasn't running fever and she wasn't acting any differently. So off we went - into some horrible traffic. Ha. But once we go to D'Hanis everything was fine.

Saturday morning, the guys made sausage and the girls played with the babies. Grandma babysat in the afternoon so Jason and I could go fishing with Ryan, Robbie, Arrica, and their little girl, Riley. I didn't catch anything, but I had a good time and actually got a little sun. We rode around and found an awesome patch of bluebonnets, so of course we had to take some pictures. My battery ran out during the middle of them which is why I have no pictures of the birthday party. But Kay Lynne saved the day on that one.

So then it was time for the birthday party. Poor Nick hadn't gotten a good nap all day so he was not a happy camper. But they took him for a ride on the golf cart and that turned it mood around. He is such a big boy, and it looks like he'll be walking any day now.

I think Charlotte enjoyed her first time hanging out in the country, and I'm sure we'll do it again soon.

I have to cut this post a little short. Now that Charlie crawls, she is into everything. She just pulled some money out of my purse. Oops!

She'll be 10 months tomorrow so I'll post more then!


So hard to get all 3 of them to look at the camera



2 comments: