Monday, May 14, 2012

Lots to update

In some ways, I feel like the past week flew by, but when I look back at it - so much happened, that I feel like last week was forever ago.

Remember in my last post I mentioned that Charlie finally pulled up. Well that has continued non-stop all week. She is starting to get braver. She even let go of the coffee table for 2 seconds before she realized it and sank down to her knees. But now that she hast that down, she seems to be waking up earlier. I used to have to wake her up for school, and on weekends she would sleep until 7:30 at least. Not anymore. Over the weekend, the latest she slept was 6:30. Maybe I need to adjust her bedtime to 8pm or so. We'll see.

What else has pulling up given us? A big bump and nasty bruise. Around 4pm on Tuesday, I got a call from daycare (which I always dread because it's usually when she is sick). They told me Charlie had pulled up on one of the tables, lost her balance, and bumped her head. This wasn't a shock to me because she was pretty clumsy from the beginning on the pulling up thing. I was wondering why they would call me about this instead of just telling me when I got there. They said she had a pretty big bump on her head. I was thinking ok, no big deal. Well when I went to pick her up, I realized they called me because they didn't want me to freak out when I saw her. She looked like she had a horn poking out of her head and it was a big blue circle. Oh my poor baby. But she was laughing and having a good ol time, so I guess it didn't take them long to have her forget about it. It didn't seem to bother her, so then my concern turned to the fact that we had family pictures scheduled for Saturday - awesome. More on that later.

Also in the Monday/Tuesday time frame, Charlie bug got a bad case of diarrhea. I mean it was constant and she got some really bad diaper rash because of it. I started thinking what I could have fed her to cause that and then it hit me - I had started her on milk. Dang it - I thought we were going to have no problems. I decided to take her off the milk completely to let her bottom heal. So after a couple of days, the diarrhea stopped and I've been able to get her diaper rash under control. Right now we are just sticking to formula. I can't decide if I want to try half formula nad half milk or just wait until we got to the doctor next week for her checkup. I just don't want to give her a sour tummy this week as it is her big BIRTHDAY week!

But I have been trying to wean her off the bottle. I go her down to 2 sippy cups a day and 2 bottles a day. I am going to try to drop down to just her nighttime bottle this week. She's doing pretty good with it. But this girl can eat. OMG, I think she would eat all day if I would let her. She has no fear about trying anything.

See how much happened last week? And then there is still the weekend. Yikes.

Saturday, we got up bright and early and headed to the Long Center to take some family pictures with the amazing Cindy Speck. I was worried about them because Charlie doesn't really care to smile for the camera anymore, and honestly, it's a bit of a nightmare just getting her to look at the camera. But, from what I've seen so far, the pictures are awesome. Cindy did a great job of photoshopping Charlie's bruise out of the pics too! See the sneak peeks below. I can't wait to get the rest.

Sunday was my 1st mothers day and it was awesome. Jason and Charlie took me to lunch and gave me a gift certificate to milk + honey for a spa day. I can't wait to use it. Then we went home to take naps. After we woke up, Jason washed and cleaned out my car, while Charlie and I worked in the front flower bed. I did most of the work, while Charlie played with grass. My neighbor, Joyce, came by for a little bit, so she played with Charlie, which was a big help for me so I could pull some weeds. You are probably thinking that doesn't sound like a fun mothers day activity, but I have not worked in my flower bed since before I had Charlie sooooo I was ready to get in there.

No we are back to the working week again, and in 5 short days we will be celebrating Charlotte Anne's 1st birthday. How weird is that. It doesn't feel like it's been a year at all.






1 comment: