Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quickie

I wanted to do a quick update since this weekend will be crazy busy, and I don't want to forget.

1) Bedtime routine - if you recall, I was considering pushing C's bedtime back by 30 minutes because she was waking up too early. Well I read something online yesterday that made me think I needed to move her bedtime UP. So I started her bedtime routine about 10-15 minutes earlier than usual. She went to sleep just fine and we had to wake her up this morning! Yay - it worked. I'm not thrilled about her going to bed earlier though because it makes me feel kind of rushed, but if I can get her on this new routine, I will move my running to the morning (eeeek) so that I can have more time with her at night. We'll see how that goes. Whatever works - I want to make sure she isn't tried/cranky during the day.

2) Milk - I'm sooo over formula (and bottles - but that's a different story). So on Monday I bought some lactose free milk. That night I started doing half formula/half milk. I made all of her cups/bottles like that since Monday night, and so far no issues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works and we will be off formula sooner rather than later. I also now only send one bottle and one cup to daycare. She also gets water at daycare in between. My plan is that once she doesn't need me doing the milk/formula cocktail, we can just send a carton of milk and a cup and she can have it as she needs it. I'm so looking forward to that day. I don't know what it is about making/washing bottles that gets to me.

3) Paci - ok I've never really touched on this, but we have ourselves a bit of a paci addict. She goes to sleep with it everynight - eventually she will spit it out. Sometimes she puts it back in, and others she doesn't. No big deal - we'll break this habit eventually. But - this kid, if there is a paci anywhere in sight, she wants it. When I put her in her carseat, the first thing she does is look in the cup holder for a paci. I really don't like for her to have it during the day (naps are ok). Maybe I just need to just have one in her crib and that's it. But sometimes it is the only way to get her to calm down. It's making me wonder if she isn't teething again. Maybe she is getting some more on the bottom? It's so hard to tell as she hates it when I try to look in her mouth.

4) Crawling/Pulling up/Walking - We have mastered pulling up and sitting back down. And we are a super fast crawler. She doesn't really cruise, but she kind of gets behind something and pushes it which forces her to take a step or two every now and then. But - she does walk...on her knees. It's hilarious. I will try to get a video soon. Even daycare commented on it. Hey - she gets around, so whatever she wants to do I guess. At least now I can keep up with her.

No pics during this post, but I promise to have a bunch from the big birthday weekend! 3 more days!!! Ahhhh!

1 comment:

  1. Hope she has a great birthday!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete