Monday, May 7, 2012

Fun-filled weekend

What a great weekend we had!! My boss let me have the afternoon off on Friday (unexpected treat). So I used the free time to run some errands so I wouldn't have to do them this weekend. Then I went and picked up my little munchkin from school early. She always gives me the biggest smile when I go pick her up!

Saturday we went to the Wein and Saengerfest in New Braunfels. It's a small litte festival in the middle of town. They shut down the streets and there are bands playing at each corner. They have wine tasting and food. It was fun. It was rather hot, but there were bars that we could go in to soak up some AC. Charlie did so good, and she had a blast dancing. We met up with Ryan and Kay Lynne and had a great afternoon.

Sunday we spent the afternoon in the backyard, while daddy barbecued. Yum! Charlie loves playing in the water, so we filled up the baby pool and let her play. Avril even jumped in for a bit to cool off. After some fun in the pool. Charlie wanted to play in the dirt, so that meant bath time. I got her all cleaned up and went to get her some snacks. I gave her a few and put the rest on the coffee table (out of her reach). Charlie is always pulling up (to her knees) on the coffee table. She was on the other side from me, and all of a sudden, I thought she looked taller. So I walk to the other side, and sure enough, the little stinker was standing up. "When did you learn that?" I asked her. No response - sneaky girl. She did it a few more times, but she hasn't quite mastered the going from standing to sitting thing yet.

She went to bed pretty early as she was exhausted from a long weekend (mommy was too). Although, I wish it would have been just a tad longer! :)

I also want to share a few pictures that Alicia Stary took for us a couple of weekends ago. She is so talented.


Very intent on listening to some polka music!

Avril and Charlie playing in the pool









1 comment:

  1. Those girls will be best friends. Love the picture of them together in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete