This past weekend was a fun-filled one I will never forget. It was Charlie's first trip to the bay. Well she did go last year for maybe and hour to pick up daddy, but she was too little to have any fun.
We are very lucky that our good friends always invite us to come play at their bayhouses in Port Alto. The Hensleys/Motals/Starys pretty much treat us like extended family!
I was a little stressed out packing because I was so worried I would forget something Charlie would need. It did help knowing Laura was packing for Maggie so hopefully we would have everything covered between the two of us. We got down to Port Alto early Friday evening. That night was spent getting the girls accustomed to their new surroundings so that bedtime would be easier. Of course we let them stay up past their bedtime, but Charlie passed out maybe around 8:30. Mommy made it an early night too because I knew my little munchkin wasn't going to sleep in.
Saturday was spent mainly around the house. We let the girls play in the pool for a little bit. Charlie's favorite thing about swimming - drinking the water. She dips her hand in the water and then sucks on her fingers. She will do this for about 5 minutes at a time. It's hilarious. It wore Charlie out and she (and mommy) took a long afternoon nap before waking up for some crawfish. Yummy. Maybe next year Charlie will be ready to try some.
Sunday morning we took the girls for a ride on the mule. Charlie loved it. She was clapping her hands and waving at everyone and everything. And after a while, both her and Maggie were fast asleep. When we got back to the house, I laid her down and she slept forever. I had to go in there and start talking to wake her up. I didn't want her to miss out on all the fun. The girls got to swim again in the pool. They were having a blast. Later that afternoon, we packed up and took the girls on their first boat ride. Charlie was not a big fan of the life jacket. I don't blame her - that thing is bulky and hot. But once we got going, she was ok. Daddy did a good job of showing her all kinds of stuff to look at and distracting her. We went to the point. All Charlie wanted to do was play in the shells. Luckily, daddy brought a big umbrella so we had some shade. It was a hot one. Charlie even got to get into the water for a little bit with mommy. She liked it for about 2 minutes and then was done. We stayed out there until we thought the girls couldn't take it anymore and we loaded back into the boat. It wasn't 3 minutes and both girls were passed out again. I don't blame them - the sun wears me out too.
My little bug got her second wind after bathttime though and we ended up having to take her for a ride in the mule to get her to relax. After that, she went to bed no problem. Both Laura and I got up to check to see if the girls were breathing becuase they didn't move. They were sleeping hard!
Before you knew it, we were up on Monday morning, packing ready to come back home. What a fun but exhausting weekend. The girls are so much fun together. Maggie is standing on her own quite a bit, and even took about 4-5 steps for us Friday night. She'll be walking any day. Charlie is not a big fan of standing on her own. She will do it (if she doesn't realize it) and then she freaks out and usually fall. Oh she will get there on her own like everything else I'm sure. Maggie is a lot braver and even managed to topple out of the baby pool. I ran to get her. She didn't make a peep, but Charlie cried because she was worried about her friend. Haha.
So after a short stay in El Campo to pick up Avril and have dinner with the grandparents, we were on our way back to Austin. Mommy decided it was time to put all the bottles away. We haven't used any in about a week so all they were doing was collecting dust anyway. Daddy is happy to have less clutter on our countertop.
Here are some pics from our weekend.
 |
| Playing in the wagon. Layton is commenting on Charlie's earrings. He was such a good helper/babysitter. He loves babies and knows how to make them laugh. |
 |
| This girl loves rides in the wagon. |
 |
| Swimming. Charlie is grubbin on a pool toy. |
 |
| Yeah I'm making a mess - what of it? |
 |
| The girls playing outside |
 |
| Daddy and Charlie on her first boat ride |
 |
| Sleeping on the way back |
 |
| Calling Maggie on the way home |
 |
| And passed out 5 minutes later *yes there is a bug bite on her head - she is my daughter after all! |
Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete