I had my 22 week appointment this morning. Baby P was wiggling around so much, it was hard for the nurse to get the heartbeat for a while. It is back down in the mid 140s - keeping me guessing. My total weight gain so far is 11 pounds. The doctor is happy with that, but to me it's just ok. I didn't really gain anything until about 16 weeks so I guess I got a little extra from Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm just going to try to stick to the 1 pound a week standard from now on though. I already got estimated bills for my delivery and epidural. It kind of made it sink in that I really am having a baby! Ha. As if the 11 extra pounds and the constant kicking from my little one didn't clear that up for me already. My OB was not at all concerned about the single umblical artery issue we found at the ultrasound. That's always a refief. Next appointment in 4 weeks. Luckily - I do get to go for an ultrasound before that on February 8th to see how Baby P is growing!
I made huge progress with the day care search this week. I am now on 3 waiting lists. I of course have a first choice, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, but I'd honestly be happy with either one. I feel so relieved not having to visit a day care every single day. That was getting really old.
We are also making huge progress at the house, getting ready for the baby. On Saturday, we ordered baby furniture that will be here in a couple of weeks. I cannot wait to get it in. Then we picked out a paint color and Jason already has the room taped off and ready to go. We picked a subtle pale green. I'm picking out - every bedding I pick out has some shade of green in it. I only have about 15 picked out, so I'm definitely going to have to narrow that down, but being that I have til May, I don't see a rush in that! :)
Everything has been going great this month - the only thing I can complain of these days is back pain. It is usually at the end of the day. The doctor said I just need to stretch more. Also - I do believe I have started getting Braxton Hicks contractions. These don't happen all that often, but I can only describe is an intense tightening feeling.
I cannot believe how fast time is going. My sister's wedding is only 4 short months away - that means shower fun is about to start and I am excited!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment