23 weeks - what a difference 4 weeks makes! Check out that shadow on the back wall. Wow.
Jason and I have made huge progress on the baby's room. Well Jason has - I've just been watching. Thursday and Friday he spent the evenings painting. Sunday we pulled off the tape - the room looks great!! I love the color. We also picked up the crib. Jason got that put together last night. Sorry - no pics right now. I'll wait until we get the dresser in so I can post pics of everything at once.
Saturday, we took a break from baby stuff and worked in the yard! Go us! We have a ton of trees and our leaves situation was getting out of control. The yard looks much better now. That evening, we went to Imperia downtown for my friend, Amy's birthday. Amy is also pregnant, due February 19th (I don't think she will make it that far though!). It was great to see so many of our friends. I was pretty bummed abot not eating seared tuna, but I did have a vegetarian sushi roll - it was good but soooo not that same. :( Oh well. I managed to stay out until about 12:30am that night - go me! I was so proud.
This week has been a pretty rough one for me. And it's only Wednesday. I guess Monday was just a normal Monday. But Tuesday - well, I fell up the stairs in the parking garage at our office. Yeah - not cool. Luckily I just missed the last 2 steps and I caught myself on my hands and knees. I was more embarrassed than anything. I was pretty sure I didn't hurt myself or Baby P, but I was still a little worried. So I called my doctor anyway, and she said I didn't have anything to worry about unless I had any pain/cramping. I didn't even break the skin on my knee so I guess the fall wasn't that bad. But I decided after that, no more stairs or me. Then last night, I woke up at 2am (1 - to use the bathroom; 2 - I was starving; 3 - Baby P decided he/she didn't want to sleep). I don't think I ever really went back to sleep. This next part might be a little TMI, but oh well - there are lots of TMI moments in pregnancy. I have had a soreness in my "pelvic floor" (that's what they call it in yoga). I figured this was normal and had something to do with my hips expanding and getting ready to get a baby out. Well it really really hurts at night when I change sides. I guess last night I was so restless that I must have changed sides a million times - so needless to say, that area was a little more sore today than usual. I started researching and self-diagnosing myself. From what I read - it's pretty normal for some women, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. That's fine with me - the pain isn't unbearable - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something more serious. So yep - I called my doctor's office again today! Ha - she said once again, nothing to worry about - just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse even after taking tylenol then I need to call back. Well the pain has subsided some - still uncomfortable to do certain things, but I can manage. I'm not a fan of taking meds unless I absolutely have to, so I haven't taken any tylenol and I don't plan on it unless I can't take it anymore.
I'm kind of hoping this is just a phase - sort of like the headaches I had that mysteriously (and thankfully) went away after 3 weeks. We shall see. I have this fear now of having the baby too early. I think that is because of the umbilical cord issue. So now, every symptom I get - I get scared it is premature labor. Oh yes - that's the worrier in me. But I'm doing everything I can by calling the doctor and telling her everything that's going on, so I'll try to just relax and see how things go at the my next doctor's visit.
Well I'm running on fumes after being up since 2am this morning so I'm off to bed. I hope I have a better night's sleep tonight!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Your body is preparing you of what there is to come. Girl, I feel too when I was pregnant, but it was in the HEB parking lot. I tripped over the parking cement block. It is hard to keep your balance now that your tummy is sticking out. By the way - great tummy pic. You are looking great!
ReplyDeleteYAY an update! Love the belly pic it is adorable! I'm sorry you are having a bad week though, hopefully after a restful weekend next week will get better. But I agree there is so much TMI in pregnancy and I'm willing to share all of it HA!!!
ReplyDeleteWe went to a sushi restaurant a couple weeks ago and I just did rice not cutting it at all! I'll need a nice big sushi meal with some red wine come July! :)
Love the pic!! And I'am looking forward to baby shopping but we are waiting to buy bedding after the baby is here. I can't wait until I really start showing. I have had a few TMI moments and my poor husband is like do you really have to share these with me. As for the headaches I had one everday for about 2-3 weeks straight in December and they were horrible but thank goodness they finally passed. Everytime I have a pregnancy problem and want to call my Dr. I just call my sister cause she went through a lot with her two pregnancy's and she usually has the same answer the Dr. has. Glad to hear you and the baby are ok after that fall!!
ReplyDelete