Our dresser/changing table came in Friday, so on Saturday we picked it up. We now have all of the furniture in the baby's room and it looks great. Today, we bought a curtain rod, but we haven't gotten that up yet.
This is a view walking in to the room. The wall color does not show up well in pictures. It's a very pretty green in person I promise!!! :) The opposite wall is empty right now except for the closet. Not sure what, if anything well go over there but right now I'm liking it with nothig. The walls are definitely too bare, but that will probably come much later. Next on the agenda, I want either a floor lamp or a side table with a lamp to go in the little nook in between the crib and dresser.
I also need to buy a mattress - if any of you mamas out there have recommendations, let me know. I've just been checking out the ratings online at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby.
In other news, VERY exciting things took place this morning.
First, I awoke to an e-mail from my good friend Amy, who lives here in Austin. It said "Carson Jeffrey Brown is here!" What, I thought - her due date was February 19th AND I was playing words with friends with her all day yesterday! How did this happen? Sure enough, she THOUGHT she was in labor yesterday but wasn't sure so she didn't tell me! Ha - she went into the hospital around 1am and had the little guy at 3:20am! Can I just say - he is so amazingly precious. I want to love all over him.
I mean, how can you not fall in love with that face? Amy also has another little boy, named Cooper, who I'm sure will be an awesome big brother. I plan on going to meet this little guy sometime this week (if the weather cooperates). Oh - and even though he was born almost 3 weeks early, he is absolutely perfect - 7lbs and healthy. Congrats Craig & Amy! :)
So an hour or so after getting the awesome news of my friend's new baby, my little one was kicking like crazy. Jason and I were sitting on the couch, and I had my shirt lifted up a little bit with my hand on my tummy. Well Baby P was kicking so hard I was thinking that surely I would be able to see something going on in there. Sure enough Jason and I were starring at my belly and we saw movement - and then again, and again. This went on for about 15 minutes. It was the coolest thing I have ever experienced. I did not want it to stop. It has happened a few more times today, but nothing like it was this morning. I'm definitely excited that Baby P moves a lot more these days. Feeling those little kicks and jabs are the highlights of my day!
Well it's off to cook dinner now (or watch my hubs cook). I'm looking forward to seeing my family next weekend, and letting them feel the baby kick (hopefully if he/she cooperates!!).
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm glad "Penelope" is kicking you more and more!
ReplyDeleteOk - just a fun little recommendation. Those times when they're kicking around, lean back on the couch and put the remote control on your belly. It's fun to watch it jump around and sometimes it's easier for "Daddy" to see then the actual kicks. I loved those little moments :) Enjoy!!!! jz
ReplyDeleteThat is so much fun and so exciting!!! Love the nursery furniture, looks great can't wait to see the nursery come together. Traci
ReplyDelete