Tuesday, June 4, 2013

El Campo weekend

I'm getting to the point where I dread going to El Campo on a Friday night. Charlie never sleeps anymore and about 45 min to an hour into the drive she just gets uncomfortable and wants to get out. Snacks and the dvd player help some, but those car rides a little rough these days. Once we get to EC, all is well, but man I count down the miles til we get there every time.

Anyway, Jason was going to fish in the Betty Jo Prasek fishing tourney on Saturday, so he dropped me and the girls (C and Avril) off at my parents' house before heading to the bay. Another thing I do not like about El Campo is that when we do get there it's after C's bedtime. I'm fine with her staying up later on the weekends, but I swear this does not make her sleep any later - if anything it is the opposite. And then I don't sleep as good in a bed that is not my own, and I'm exhausted by the time the weekend is over. BUT it's all worth it to see our friends and family...so we push on.

During our trip this past weekend, we got to visit with the aunts on my mom's side, always a fun and LOUD time. And we made a trip over to the Motal's to see Maggie and Marion. The two toddlers played pretty well together so Laura and I got to chat some and not have to constantly watch them to make sure they were playing nice. It was good stuff.

That evening, Jason and I left my mom on babysitting duty so we could go out for Robin's birthday. Man, it has been a while since I have been out, and I could tell. I definitely cannot party like I used to, and I sure felt it all day on Sunday. I had a blast though, from what I remember. :)

Today starts C's swim lessons. I am nervous. I have a feeling we will see a pretty significant meltdown from our little Charlie and I really am not looking forward to it. I know it's normal, but man, I don't want my kid to be that kid. We'll see. At least the first day should be the worst day right? I'll update you on that later. Wish us luck!!

So proud of her babydolls.

Shhh...babies are sleeping.

She loves to see her pigtails in the mirror. Thinks she is hot stuff.

Donuts with bebe

Playtime with Maggie - man I wish I had a toy room like they do.

How cute is this little lady?!

Night out with my girls!

Passed out on the way back to Austin after a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment