We decided to head to El Campo last weekend for Father's Day. Jason took our dads fishing, while Charlie and I hung out with our moms. Then everyone came (including Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Deano) came over for dinner Saturday night. It was a good time. Charlie spent the majority of the day playing in the swimming pool Grandma and Grandpa got her for her birthday. And she also helped Grandma bake cookies (I think there was less helping and more eating the chocolate chips than anything).
| Working on her golf swing |
| Jason and I are very blessed to have families that get along so well and like hanging out together. It sure makes it easier on us! |
Charlie just doesn't usually sleep well in EC. She goes to bed late and she wakes up early. Most of the time she wakes up and wants to get into bed with us - and I oblige because I'm tired and want sleep. I'm usually dead tired by Sunday night. And so is she. Between not really napping this weekend or sleeping that great, little bit was in bed by 7:15 Sunday night and OUT. And I had to drag her out of bed Monday morning. See - sleep child - it makes Mondays easier (maybe).
Sunday was Fathers' Day. Charlie is very lucky to have Jason as her daddy. He just adores her and would do absolutely anything for her. Watching them together is very sweet. She is like his little shadow, and she is always asking about him when he is not around. I tried all day Sunday to get a cute picture of them together, but omg my child does not slow down. So I didn't capture a usable one til Monday! :)
I'm really getting the potty training bug - if that's a thing. I just want Charlie to be interested. I even so far as to put a pair of panties on her one day last week. And I proceeded to ask her if she had to go potty every 30 seconds for the 2 hours she had them on. Nothing - at least she didn't have an accident so that's something right? There is a disconnect with this kid and the potty. She likes to sit on it and pretend to go potty. She will say "Mommy, I'm going potty," ask for toilet paper, and throw it in the potty. But when it's actually time to go, she doesn't say a word. And she'll sit in a dirty diaper for a while - which just bewilders me. I would think she would not like that feeling now that she is older and is more aware of things. She said on the potty for a good 20 minutes the other day playing with her Violet dog. I just knew it was going to happen. Annnnnnd...nothing. Come on people, surely there is something I am missing here right?
| Little faker |



No comments:
Post a Comment