Friday, June 7, 2013

Swim Lessons

This past Tuesday, Charlie started swim lessons with Aqua Tots. I was nervous to say the least. I can barely get her to go into the baby pool in our backyard without having a meltdown. And I knew Jason wasn't going to be able to make it to the first day so I would have to tackle it on my own.

I have to say, she did so much better than I expected. I think being a setting where there were a bunch of other kids helped. She seemed excited as soon as she saw other kids swimming. There are 3 other kids in her class ranging from 10 months to 2.5 years old. We are pretty much just working on the basics - getting comfortable with the water, learning how to kick, etc. At the beginnging the class we sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and do different motions with our babies bodies in the water. This is by far Charlie's favorite part of class. The rest of the class she will say "Mommy, wheels on bus, up and down" because she wants me to keep doing the motions. She does will with kicking and being on her tummy, but she does NOT like being on her back for more than 2 seconds. We'll work on that though.

One thing's for sure, it has been an exhausting week. Tuesday and Thursday we had swim lessons so by the time we got home it was 7pm both night. Try eating dinner, getting C bathed and ready for bed, and actually getting her in bed by 8pm! Geez. You would think she would be exhausted from swim, but I find it has the opposite effect on her and she just wants to stay up and party. Monday I took my refresher CPR class from 6-9, so that left my only "free" night to Wednesday. Well on my way to my car from my office that afternoon, I fell down a flight of stairs in the parking garage. Yes, that's right, a full flight  of stairs, in heels, in a skirt. Yikes. I was terrified the whole way down I was going to break my neck, but luckily I escaped with minor scrapes and bruises. My phone got the worst of it. But needless to say, I was a bum that evening. I just wanted to veg out and not do a thing - so I didn't.

We are hoping to get near some water this weekend for C to play in and hopefully work some more on her skills.

Happy Friday!!

First day of swim - posing for mommy

Her hair is more of a hot mess than usual b/c mommy needed a hair tie so I stole the one that was in her hair - great mom moment!

Second day of swim

Mommy jumped out and snapped of a quick pic of C with Miss Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment