Today is one of those days were I feel like I need an extra day to recover from the weekend. This momma is TIRED! Can we just go ahead and make all summer weekends 3 days please? And I actually got off pretty early on Friday - there are so not enough hours in the day.
If we are in town for the weekend, Friday nights are pretty standard - we usually bum around the house - catch up on our tv shows that we have DVRed throughout the week. We really aren't the type to go out on Fridays because we are so tired from going, going, going all week. And that's just fine with me. I look foward to those nights because the Fridays we are traveling are NOT fun.
Saturday morning we got up early to go the lake. To get to the part we like to go to it's about an hour drive, but it's worth it. It's hardly ever crowded (as long as you get there before noon) and we can take Avril without having to wory about a ton of other dogs or people. Charlie was a little scared of the water at first. We first put her in her new life jacket. She wasn't a fan of that unless you were holding her. She didn't want to just bob around. So then I put her in her little floaty thing. She liked that a lot better. She would actually lean down and sort of kick. But by far her favorite was going for a ride on the kayak with daddy. It was her first time on there and she did not want to get off. She even helped paddle. Big girl. We had lots of fun, got a little sun, and we were all tired and ready to head back home.
Sunday we headed to Hallettsville for the St. Mary's church picnic. A lot of Jason's family was going to be there. We first got there, and I was bummed out because it was wet and the electricy was out. None of the toilets were flushing, and it was just blah. But Charlie seemed to be having fun no matter what, and eventually the eletricity came back on and the toilets starting working - thank goodness. The only things Charlie ate yesterday were junk - ice cream, popcorn, sno cones - oh man. I am going to have to fill her full of nothing but vegetables this week to make up for that. But like I said, she had a blast.
We were all so tired this morning, and I think all 3 of us could have just stayed laying in bed til noon. Oh well - another weekend come and gone. Here's hoping Friday gets here sooner rather than later.
 |
| Goofy child loves wearing my shoes |
 |
| So we thought we'd let her try on daddy's boots too |
 |
| First kayak ride |
 |
| Ice cream with Tenley |
 |
| Sno cone with Tenley |
No comments:
Post a Comment