We left early to beat traffic and ended up at the park at 9am - a full hour before they opened. Luckily, they opened the actual gates at 9:30, so we weren't standing in line for too long. Those 30 minutes were rough for Charlie - she's impatient - she gets that from me.
| Let's go!! |
There first shows didn't start until 11, so we had some time to kill. We went to the shark exhibit and that was pretty entertaining - and air conditioned - yay! I was all about the first Shamu show, so we headed that way. I was worried about getting a good seat, so we got there about 25 minutes before the show started. Rookie mistake. Keeping a toddler entertained for that long was pretty rough, and she was "done" before the show actually started which was kind of a bummer. Also, I noticed there were a ton of seats open so I think we would have been fine showing up 5 minutes before. Lesson learned. I think Jason and I were more into Shamu that Charlie was. I felt like she was never looking in the right spot. We got a few "ohs" from her at the beginning, but not like I was expecting. Oh well - I thought that show was amazing.
| Sharks are scary! |
| Ready for Shamu |
For the other shows we went to, we got there right as the show started and it went so much better. There is a new show called Pets Ahoy, which dogs, cats, pigs, mice, etc that are trained to do all this awesome stuff. Charlie totally loved it. She also played at the Sesame Street splash pad. I totally wish I had packed my bathing suit because I could have gotten in there with her. I was HOT. And Charlie did NOT want to be in her stroller for a majority of the day. She wanted daddy to hold her - just daddy, not mommy. I have to say, I lucked out there.
We had a great time, but I think Charlie might still be just a tad young for a place like that. It was great, but by 3:30 we felt like we had done all we could/wanted to do, so we headed out - but not before Charlie scored a stuff Shamu from daddy! She loves that thing. Even this morning before school it was "Where's Shamu?" Adorable.
| Daddy and Charlie about to get splashed!! |
The rest of our weekend was mellow, and much needed. And of course we ended it with a battle wound. Charlie got so excited about going "swimming" in the backyard that she ran into the corner of the door and ended up with a large goose egg and quite the bruise afterwards.






What a fun trip to Sea World! I've been wanting to take Lucas but am not sure if he's old enough to appreciate it yet. Chad and I were thinking about taking him in early August...we shall see :)
ReplyDelete