Wednesday, October 19, 2011

5 months old!

Charlie is 5 months old today! Time is flying.She has a doctor's appt this Friday to check on her ears so I'm hoping they will weight her. I feel like she has really gotten heavier in the past couple of weeks.

At 5 months, Charlie is


  • Eating every 3-4 hours (usually 6-7 oz of formula) during the day
  • Working on 1 "meal" of solids a day - we did rice and oatmeal for a month and we just started fruits on Monday.
  • Sleeping through the night unswaddled**
  • Rolling from tummy to back 
  • I think she is able to roll from back to tummy - she will get all the way over and then immediately turn back over to where she is flat on her back. It's like "wait, I didn't mean to do that."
  • Sits and stands with support - she is really into standing now. So much that sometimes it's hard to get her to bend her legs to sit back down! 
  • Is very talkative and loves to smile and giggle (especially for daddy)
  • Wears size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothing
  • Has started mimicking us (uh-oh)
**A little note about the sleeping situation. We started using sleep sacks instead of the swaddle last Friday night. It's been great, but different. She still goes to bed around 8:15-8:30, but there is usually 1 time around 10-10:30 where she starts fussing and moving around. Sometimes, all she needs is her paci and will go back to sleep. Other times, we have to go pick her up and rock her a little. I try not to do that too much. And she has been waking up earlier. This weekend she was waking up at 6 or 7 when usually it's 7 or 8 and during the weekdays, I used to have to wake her up and now she wakes up before I'm done getting dressed. I'm sure it's just an adjustment she is going though, and I cannot complain whatsoever, but I do feel like she is more tired now. It seems like she wants to go back to sleep right after her first bottle in the morning (which never used to happen). So maybe we need to try to get her bedtime moved up to 8? I'm not sure. 

Ready for school this morning!

Snoozing with daddy, while mommy gets ready for work! Don't they look cuddly?




No comments:

Post a Comment