Friday, October 28, 2011

Ready for cold weather

Yay - it's finally sort of cold! I know it's not going to last, but it sure is nice to get out the cute fall clothes and sport them for a day or 2!

This week has been pretty status quo. Charlie has now had bananas, pears, and apples. She does great with solids so far. She really tries to sit up. You can tell she isn't a fan of laying on her back that much anymore - always arching her back. Also she moves her feet - a lot! I mean constantly. When she learns how use them to get somewhere, she is just going to be going all the time I fear.

We did have a "moment" last night. Charlie has been sleeping great with the sleep sack and no swaddle. I mean, she may be sleeping a little less at night by about 30 min to and hour but whatever. I mean she is usually still sleeping 10 hours so no big deal. Well last night, I was already having trouble sleeping because of the stupid Rangers game. I was so wide awake and mad at myself for staying up to watch the end. Around that time was when Charlie woke up. She wasn't fussing, but her eyes were wide open. So I went in her room to give her a paci. Usually, her eyes will get heavy and she will drift off to sleep again. Not so much last night. She was tossing and turning. Her teachers at school said she was extra hungry yesterday, so I'm thinking maybe she is going through a growth spurt and hungry again. Ok - growth spurt is my answer to any weird behavior of Charlie's! Haha. So I made her a bottle and afterwards, she was asleep on my shoulder. I put her down - wide awake! Holy crap. I would rock her, and she would be asleep in a minute or less. I would put her down and she would just open her eyes and smile.

At this point, I'm not tired either, but I just know what tomorrow is going to bring. So I finally just put her down, awake and told Jason I was going to bed. He was still up - we were night owls last night. Well Jason got her and rocked her in the living room for a while. At this point - since she wasn't in her room and I couldn't hear anything on the monitor - I fell right to sleep. Woohoo. I woke up at 5:30 and looked at the monitor and she was sound asleep. Thanks daddy!! Well I noticed he seemed extra tired this morning, and come to find out our little girl did not go back to sleep until right before 1:30. What's that about? She was never fussy - just didn't want to sleep. I'm going to once again chalk it up to growth spurt. She didn't take any long naps yesterday so that can't be the problem. We'll just hope those kind of nights are few and far between. It sure didn't phase Charlie bug though. When I walked into her room at 6:45 - she was rolled over on her side - wide awake and smiling at me. Silly bear.

Now we are all ready for a fun filled weekend in EC with family and friends. Hope to see some of you!

Daddy and I had a photoshoot while mommy was out getting dinner!



I'm ready for the cool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment