After the doc, I took Charlie to my office to visit with my coworkers and then to daddy's office to hang out with him and Nadine. After that, Charlie and mommy had quality time at home and then a quick trip to the grocery store.
Saturday, Grandma came up to visit. She hadn't seen Charlie in 4 weeks so she was excited! Mommy got to get out of the house to run some errands and get a much needed pedicure. I had noticed that Charlie seemed a little constipated since Friday. I mean, the poor girl was in tears when she was pushing and it broke my heart. I had read in my Baby 411 book that you can give them some prune juice to help them out. So I picked some up on Saturday. I gave a little to her on both Sunday night and Saturday morning. And then we just waited for the magic to happen.
Sunday, Jason and I took Charlie to go visit Kassie, Jeremy and Kinley. It was a nice visit, until Charlie had an accident. No, she didn't have a blowout - she peed on me! How did that happen, I have no idea. I really couldn't figure out how it leaked out of her diaper, but it did. Oh well. The blowout diapers waited until we got home at least, but man, I'm pretty sure I overdid it on the prune juice. We had one poopy, dirty baby on our hands Sunday night. I would rather her do that than be in pain though.
So I told myself ok, enough with the prune juice. She hasn't had any since Sunday morning. Ok, well I picked her up from school yesterday and I noticed she is in her "backup" clothes. Her teachers said the poop was all the way up her back. Awesome. I get her home, she poops some more. I'm like surely this stuff will be out of her system soon. It's funny too because usually I can tell when she is pooping because she grunts and turns red. Well the prune juice must be potent because I have no clue when she is pooping now until I smell it.
Jason and I were eating dinner last night. We had Charlie in her highchair so she could watch us and play with her ball. She started getting fussy. I figured it was because she was ready for a bottle, so I got one ready and picked her up. Immediately, I knew something was wrong because her left felt wet. I looked down at the highchair - poo EVERYWHERE! Oh geez. I got Charlie cleaned up first. There was literally no poop in the diaper - it had come completely out. Not cool. I handed her off to daddy and then I started cleaning up the highchair. Yuck. I'm just thankful all this happened at home and not in public.
But I definitely learned my lesson the prune juice - use sparingly and be prepared!! But at least I know when all else fails, it does the trick.
This face is saying I don't like pears, but she really does! Silly girl.
Reading my book - moments before the aforementioned blowout!



Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud about the blowout at Day Care! So much to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteGirl, just you wait. I don't even flinch at the sight of poop anymore. :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! So many blowouts! As long as he's not constipated, I think it's cute when Lucas starts pushing. The first time I noticed it I made sure to mention it to the pedi and she said some pushing is completely normal. Hope Charlie starts feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI know what you're talking about...Anderson has managed to pee on me while wearing a diaper. I have no idea how it happens?? I love your blog! Charlie is absolutely adorable and very stylish. I think you may have inspired me to start blogging about my adventures with Anderson! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI feel ya girl--did the same thing with Will when he was a baby!
ReplyDelete