Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Little Copycat

The other night, Jason was sticking his tongue out at she Charlotte and blowing. She thought it was hilarious. A little while later, I was giving her a bath, and I noticed she kept sticking her tongue out. I was like "what is she doing?" Then it hit me. She was trying to imitate her daddy (uh-oh)! I called Jason over so he could show her how to do it. Sure enough, as soon as he would do it, you could see her think about it for a second, and then she would try it. She doesn't quite have the blowing part down, but she tries. I know this is only the beginning on her "learning" things from us! So I guess we better be careful what we do around her from now on - don't want her picking up any bad habits!



Also - last night on a whim, I decided to try to break the swaddle again. When Charlie got tired, I put her in a sleep sack. It's kind of like a blanket with arm holes. So I put her down in her crib around 8:15. Around 10:15, she fussed for a little bit, but she went back to sleep. I think I heard her one more time around 4am, but again it was for a minute or so and then straight back to sleep. I never had to pick her up. And she slept until 7am! I was so thrilled. I was sure I was going to be swaddling her last night around midnight, but it wasn't needed. I'm hoping this is a new trend for us.

In her sleepsack this morning

Other than that, Charlotte is just growing like a weed. I can't believe how much she has grown. It seems like every few days she is doing something new!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the video! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep Sacks are great! My girls slept in the tshirt material ones in the summer and fall. Then we bought the fleece ones for their first winter. They were great! Charlie is really a cutie pie. Enjoy every day that you can> They grow way too fast> Sara Macha

    ReplyDelete